Sunday, March 8, 2015

Photo Dump from 3.2.2015


     So, Mondays have been a frustration for me at the studio I teach at. Before the December show, I had more students in my Monday class (I only had one Monday class and one Friday class at the time). A problem with the area I live in is that it's a spread out desert area and jobs are harder to come by than in many other areas. This leads to people not being able to afford to put their kids in dance (or adults not being able to easily afford hobbies that cost nearly $50 a month). 


     This, paired with the fact that the only time I could get to the studio was three hours early, led to me getting in some much needed pointe practice. I just got back into technique classes again and though I have been en pointe for nearly five years, I have craptastic feet and I'm not where I could be. 



So, though I'd taken Intermediate Ballet at the junior college en pointe that day, I decided to get in some extra practice. My feet were hurting. Especially my big toe on my right foot. I decided to try to get some photos of me failing dancing en pointe. Most are stills but I took screen grabs of a video for some chaines that definitely need work. I had thought they were okay, but seeing the pictures...no. haha.

Anyways...


Purple tights I forgot I owned. I need better turnout. 
.
.
What photo dump wouldn't be complete without a smudgy mirror pic?
I need to work on turning out my back foot.
.
.
I'm over my box...but my feet suck. It's an issue I need to work on. Perhaps some love for my elastic band is needed. Okay, ALL the love.
.
.
And strettttchhhhh. I'd possibly love this if my knees were over my toes.
.
.
I actually really like this one (shitty turnout aside).
.
.
Now, some motion!
At first, I was not aware that my feet were so far apart.
.
.
Better...ish. (took off the top because I need to face being able to see myself like this. Ick.)
.
.
At the front desk after. Where are the students?!
.
.
ALL THE CHEESINESS.

Though I'm not exactly proud of these photos, it gives me something (everything) to work on. But I'm sure I'll have this next Monday to work on things too. *sigh* 


No comments:

Post a Comment